El Gran Nacho
This book is a complete introduction to a structured literacy methodology, one of the best approaches to teaching oral and written language.
What makes El Gran Nacho one of our best sellers? The structured literacy that El Gran Nacho provides is based on the science in which children learn best to read. With this approach, El Gran Nacho introduces new concepts and skills in a logical order at a steady pace.
El Gran Nacho is one of the greatest tools to help strengthen your child’s emerging literacy and writing skills.
Level: Pre K- 2nd grade (3-7 years old)- Spanish beginners, Native and Non-Native
Evidence of learning:
- Pre literacy skill introduction
- Recognition of the alphabet, vowels, and phonemes
- Awareness of rhyme
- Fine motor skill
- Phonemic awareness and letter sounds
- Sound discrimination
- Building of individual sounds, recognition of the relationship between letters and sounds, decoding words
- Visual identification and corresponding sound
- Blending sounds
- Knowledge of word families
- Ample exposure of new and age-appropriate vocabulary
- A mix of simple and challenging exercises to help children remain motivated
- Engaging illustrations and big print
- Concept acquisition
- Reading fluency focus- Foundational literacy components
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence building
Meets Common Core Standards for Pre K, 1st, 2nd grade.